Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sawyer playing!

Saw Man is starting to reach for things, grab things (including yanking out my hair), he likes to look at things intently. He loves to watch the panda on his bouncy seat that his Nana bought him. We have named him Peter Panda. Either Sawyer really likes Panda's or he is going to be right handed becuase it is hanging about him the right. He NEVER looks at the bear on his left. I was hoping he would be left handed like his mom though. :) We got him this play mat, which he just loves to sit and watch the toys hanging above him. He also gets really excited about watching this video, also that his Nana bought him...it shows shapes, animals, and colors and Sawyer talks to the video, cause he just loves it so much. He is growing so much, I just cant believe it. He is wearing 3 months clothes, yet his arms and legs are a bit long for some of them. He is long limbed like his daddy and uncle Jeremy. Everyone comments on what a "chill" baby we have. Of course I dont have any other children to compare him to, but yes he does seem to be really chill. But man alive, when he is hungry, he is sure to let us know. Jon and I actually cant help but laugh when he does his hunger cry cause its just so intense, yet so cute. lol.

On another note, I have to mention, the change that I have gone through as a person since being a mother. I have always been such a "Doer." Its hard for me to relax, sit still, not be accomplishing things, not working out, not cleaning, etc etc. Now that I have Sawyer, I have learned and accepted that I may only get 1 workout a week, or the dishes may not get done, or the poor doggies may not get a walk, and normally this would all drive me crazy...but I look at Sawyer and think "its ok if im a little pudgier than I once was, or my house isnt as clean, or Im not working as much and have to buy fewer latte's :). I mean dont get me wrong, I still have moments where its hard, but I can't imagine now my life without this little man. God is so big and so good. He knew what Sawyer would bring to my life, and Jon's. Jon is the most amazing father already. I love watching him with Sawyer. And Jon is so helpful and loving to me when I need a break. We are a good team. Ok ok I just thought Id be sappy for a minute. hehe.

We love and miss our Virginia family. I hope you keep updated through this. And we love to Skype with you. Cant wait for the whole family to meet our little man.

2 comments:

  1. He is SO cute! I love to watch him playing! Doesn't it feel great to have given him something he enjoys so much? Thanks for posting that, and all the pictures!
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you guys! We cannot wait to see you and to meet Saw Man!

    ReplyDelete