So we had the baby shower on Sunday Aug 15th at Cattin's. Yes my dad let us block the back half of the restaurant down and have a shower back there. It was an awesome spot for it. Cattin's is where I had my first job and have spent so much of my life there with my daddy, so it only made sense to do it there. Thanks Dad for letting us do that.
My mom put together the food; marshmellow creme dip with fruit, popcorn trail mix, yogurt parfaits, and Shilo (my little 7th grader friend) made the cupcakes. It was all so adorable. And Cattin's provided all the drinks. Carlie, my best friend did the games at the shower. My favorite game was to decorate the diaper. Everyone got a little tiny diaper to either write something clever on, or decorate somehow, and then I had to judge which one was my favorite. And of course Im gonna use all these diapers for Sawyer, so he'll have a decorated butt until they run out. :) Such a cute game.
The highlight of my shower was just having everyone together. Although its like a wedding, you see all your favorite people, but because you wanna visit with everyone, there isnt enough time to spend real quality time with the friends you havnt seen in awhile. All my bestie's came out, some who I havnt even seen since my wedding. :( So it was just so wonderful to see their faces. It makes me sad that we are getting old, and dont live close to each other, so the only thing that brings us together sometimes, are weddings and babies.
Sawyer got spoiled in the gift department. We got lots of clothes. He will be the most sylish little boy in all of Puyallup. Being that Jon and I love dogs so much, we decided to make the nursery puppy themed. So people jumped on that with us, and we got lots of clothes with puppies on them. Sooo cute. (now watch, he'll like cats or something - which i dont know what Ill do if he likes cats more than dogs haha).
After the shower I had to put everything away, and I ended up crying just by being so overwhelmed, and trying to organize and realizing that it is getting closer. Im sure you are now aware, that I am not good at being pregnant. Between crying and peeing my pants in babiesrus, and back and leg pain, this has been a tough journey for me. :) Can't you tell by all the whining I do. So I finally got all the stuff put away and am getting the nursery ready little by little. We are still getting a few more things for it. But its coming together.
As I write this I am exactly 32 1/2 weeks. So 7 1/2 weeks til the due date. Please Father do not let me go late. I beg you.
Love you all, thank you so much for the wonderful gifts and support you give me. I am so blessed beyond belief.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment