Welp, around noon yesterday, I took a pretty good fall down the stairs. Not really sure what happend, if I slipped or what, it all happened so fast. But I pretty much tumbled down the entire 14 stairs. The fall was predominately on my back, it wasnt until about the last two steps that I sorta rolled onto my side, cause i was coming down so fast.
Once I hit the bottom, I just sat there and sobbed pretty hard. More than anything it just scared me. I didnt break anything or wasn't bleeding, but it spooked me pretty good. I mean who falls down stairs? I have never falled down stairs in my life....of course not until Im pregnant would something like this happen. So anyway, I felt fine, no damage seemed to have happened. So after I was done crying, I got up and went on my merry way.
My mom, who had gotten my message about what happened, called me a few hours later. Her response was, "did you call the Dr." I didnt think that I needed to being that there was no damage. Then of course she starts to rattle of all that might have happened, and that I need to call them, to see if I need to go in and have a stress test done on the baby or something. I sort of thought she was being a little paranoid and ridiculous. But I called the clinic reluctantly anyway. My Dr's nurse called me back about 2 hrs later and said that after any kind of accident or fall you need to go into the hospital and have the baby monitored for several reasons. I was actually pretty upset at this news, cause I didnt want to go into the hospital. In my mind, nothing was wrong. I even considered ignoring the nurse's direction to go in, cause i just thought there was no need for it. But then I thought, if something is wrong, and I don't go then I'm a horrible person. But all my selfish brain could think about was, "is insurance gonna cover this, how much is it gonna cost, and how long am i gonna have to be there cause I have to work tomorrow." So I went in and got admitted to the baby unit. They put me on the monitor, and sure enough, the fall had caused me to have some small contractions. So they had to put me on an IV and give me some medicine to stop the contractions. The medicine was horrible....it caused me to be extremely anxious, caused my heart to race and I felt like I was wiggin out big time. And I couldnt get up and walk around, I had to be on the machine the whole time, so it definitely wasn't a pleasant experience. They kept me until about 1 in the morning, after I kept whining, that I just wanted to go home. :) So they finally let me go, and said they would call me in the morning with the results of some test, that would tell me if the placenta was damaged in anyway.
So yes, of course, as always, mom was right, and Im glad I went in. Im just so mad at myself that I fell down the stairs. I mean how stupid.

No comments:
Post a Comment