Saturday, October 23, 2010

I am so in love with my little man!!!!

There has been a lot of excitement and new experiences this week, so obviously I havnt slept much. I didnt want to miss a moment with him. I know I know, Im supposed to be napping when he is napping, but when he is napping, I am on the internet posting pics of him cause I just want to show him off to the world, or Im trying to organize things around here. Its funny cause I totally used to be that girl that was like "what do stay at home moms do all day long, dont they get bored?" I know that is horrible that I thought that, but Ive just always worked, so my mindset has always been revolved around work. But now, I am at home with him, and even though Im not really doing anything, I am sooooo busy just taking care of him...breastfeeding, pumping, changing diapers, changing clothes that he spit up on, taking care of my hairy children too, keeping house clean....I mean I feel like there is no time to sleep, yet all I am doing is being at home.

Im not supposed to drive until Im healed so Jon is forced to run all the house errands, and go to the store, walk the dogs etc etc. And of course I guess we arent supposed to bring Sawyer out and about until he is a bit older, so I really havnt left the house much at all. Except yesterday...Jon and I had to drive to Silverdale because I had to get x-rays done for the mediation hearing coming up in november. Of course I wasnt able to get them when I was pregnant so my lawyers insisted that I do them as soon as Sawyer was born. So that was Jon and my first time away from Sawyer. Our first date, was to drive to get x-rays done. haha. So Sawyer and Oma got to hang out for awhile. But the whole time Jon and I were gone, we talked about Sawyer the whole time. We missed him so much that we wanted to get home right away rather than going to lunch or do anything else.

I am so in love with my little man. I never want to go back to work. But of course I will, but its nice to think that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! My vote is to stay home!!!! Being a stay-at-home mom for me was the best decision I ever made (after marrying Tom!) You make a sacrifice financially but it is so worth it to be able to be there for all his firsts!!!!!
    ~Mariam

    ReplyDelete