Sawyer's first walk around the track at the gym..and my first walk post partum tooSawyer is one month old. I can't believe it. On one hand it feels so long ago that I had him, yet it was just yesterday. So wierd. Sawyer and I are starting to get the hang of things together. While Jon is at work, Im learning to be at home, (which yes is an adjustment for me, because I have always been such a busybody, working, exercising etc etc). I admit, sometimes I feel a bit stir crazy, but I am very grateful to be at home with my little man. Im learning to not let my schedule be dictated by baby. As my mom says, I just have to go and do the things I need to, and learn to do things while I am out. Such as feeding. I feel uncomfortable feeding him in public still, so basically I just wait at home, waiting for his feeding time before I will leave the house, which sometimes means I am waiting 2 hours for him. I want him to get hungry on his own, I dont want to feed him just because it has been a certain time, yet I dont want to go anywhere just in case he wakes up screaming for food. Its all a learning experience for me. Jon and I are becoming pros at changing diapers and giving baths. Last night Sawyer did great. I fed him right before bed, and he went 5 hours to feed, and then another 4 hours. So I only had to wake up twice last night, which was wonderful. For those of you who know about Mr. Winston's reaction to Sawyer's arrival, he is doing much much better. I would say Winston is back to his old self. I feel a bit bad for the dogs sometimes, because before Sawyer they were our whole world and got so much attention. Now they are on the back burner and they notice it. I can't wait til one day we can provide the doggies with a back yard. It would make things so much more simpler in the Ruch household.

No comments:
Post a Comment