Tuesday, December 7, 2010

2 year accident anniversary












Ok, so I wanted to do another post today, about something different. Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of the accident. If you are reading my post than, Im sure you know all about the accident and the recovery it has been. This year, for some reason seems more emotional than last year. Im sure it has to do with having Sawyer, and just my hormones being more crazy after having Sawyer, haha. A few weeks ago, we went to the victims of DUI candlelight vigil, and the list of victims was sooooo long. I cried. I cry, more because, I see families who have lost their loved ones, and I think, man, I am so lucky to be alive. Why did I get to live, and that person's 18 year old daughter have to die. It makes me so sad. But 2 years later, here I am, married to the most amazing man in the world, with the most amazing little baby in the world.
It NEEDS to be said...that I would not have been able to fight for life, without the people around me that fought for me. Many people say to me "Dana you are so strong" but the fact is, that it was not me that was strong, it was all due to God's love and grace, and my family around me who nursed me back to health, and all of their prayers. My recovery has been so amazing due to my amazing support system. You all know who you are. I love you always and forever, and I will never ever ever forget what you have done for me. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment