




Update for Sawyer - Sawyer is 7 weeks old. 2 days ago we moved him into his crib. It was hard cause Jon and I love having him right next to us in the moses basket. I mean its not like his nursery is far from our room - its right next door - but we thought, we may as well start now, especially since our little boy is getting so tall, he will soon be too long for the moses basket anyway. He still eats about every 3-4 hours during the day. Our goal is to get him to go longer at night. He usually goes one time, 5 hours between feedings. So I usually feed him like at 10 or so, and then he goes until about 3 am to eat again, but then after 3 hours he wants to eat again, so about 6. So Jon and I are still pretty tired. I started work last week. I was scheduled to work 3 days. My first day back was funny...I got up early that morning to get everything ready, I was anxious all day...my Dad came over at 2 to watch little man until Jon got home from work. I left the house, almost in tears, and I pull out of the driveway, and get a call from work saying that we are low census so they put me on standby. So I didnt even go into work on my first day back. They tricked me. I worked the next day. And then my third day, I was sent home early, again due to low census. So now I have a few days off, and then I will go back for a 6 day stretch. That stretch will be very hard. Im only working 3 days a week, but my 3 days each week got put back to back which is why Im working a long stretch. But Jon is getting good practice being with Sawyer for long periods of time. My first day working, I got home, and Jon said, "boy that was hard." I had to laugh, and say "yeah, sure is." Cause before that, Jon had not been with Saywer by himself for that many hours. Anyway, Sawyer is doing fabulous, putting on weight, smiling more than ever, and just a happy little boy. I love him sooooo much.

No comments:
Post a Comment