Other than this cute 5 minutes of Sawyer's tummy time, today was very challenging and emotional. Sawyer cried off and on all day today. And Jon being at work, and both my parents being at work, I was by myself. At one point he just wouldnt stop crying and I had done everything I knew to do, such as feed him, change his diaper, rock him, etc etc...nothing was working. Therefore it upset me to see him so upset so I just started crying. Im sure that upset him more, but I couldnt stop crying because he couldnt stop crying and I didnt know what to do. Between Sawyer crying, and both of my dogs acting out....henry barking, winston on the furniture, and peeing in the house....it just sent me for an emotional rollercoaster. I know this is something I have to get used to dealing with, but today dealing with it on my own for the first time was quite a challenge. My dishes and laundry didnt get done, and of course that stressed me out even more. oy yoy yoy what a day. I have a lot to learn and I have to learn to stay calm in the midst of days like these.
So enjoy the cute little sweet video of sawyer, but today really wasnt one of his sweetest days....but right now Oma came over after work to help me out, and now he is sleeping, being his sweet self. I AM EXHAUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!

Dana... there is nothing more challenging and more rewarding in the same hand as being a mommy. I have days where I just cry with Reese too... just remember, sometimes you can't make it better no matter what you do, just give him all your love and know that you are doing everything you can do. You, and only you, are his mommy, and that's all he needs!
ReplyDeleteI learned this the very hard way, but the dishes, laundry, and mess will always be there... but little sawyer will continue to grow. Don't worry about the small stuff, just love on him and enjoy every moment (the good, the bad, and the stressful). They pass by way too fast. You are doing amazing! Sorry for the pep talk but I just had to say hang in there! :)
when he sleeps YOU need to sleep. swaddle, shhhh in his ear. hold him tight. play music. give him a warm bath. run the vacuum (two birds with one stone...cleaning and baby likes it) you'll get the hang of it. dont stress, before you know it this will all be second nature to you. in the mean time just enjoy him being so small. they change so quickly. ;)
ReplyDeleteI hope you got over that hurdle and things have calmed down! Can't wait for you to post more videos!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI know this happened a week or so ago, but just wanted to let you know I had the same thing happen when I was still in the hospital. They wouldn't let Greg stay with me and one night all Eli did was cry and nothing I did comforted him so I just started crying to. It was the hardest thing in the world to feel so helpless but just have to let you know, it happens to every single mommy.
ReplyDeleteI love your videos!!